Friday 20 March 2015

Snapshots Quilt Along - Block 2: Put The Kettle On



Month 3 on the Fat Quarter Shop Snapshots quilt-a-long, that flew by!? This month is a fantastic little old-fashioned kettle, my new favourite block in the quilt! The pattern is called 'Put The Kettle On', or, if you're from some parts of the North of England this block should read "get tut kettle on!" as the local dialect might suggest ;-) hehe.

I used my new fabrics I got from FQS recently, and they work an absolute treat here - like the American Jane fussy cut floral handle! I would love to own a kettle like this one for real! So... since I love this one so much, I'm going to make another one for the quilt and turn this into a mini for my kitchen. We're in the midst of doing DIY work in there, adding some wood panelling to the back wall, and I think it would make a perfect addition once we're all painted and finished. I think I might even just frame the block and not quilt it? What do you reckon? 

Can you believe FQS have smashed through their $10,000 target already! They are just shy of $20,000 as of today, so please head over to their donation page if you want to contribute.   You can find this pattern for this kettle and all the others released so far here. Don't forget to stop by the other blogger's taking part in the quilt-a-long too. 

Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms
Bonnie Olaveson of Cotton Way
Pat Sloan of The Voice of Quilting
Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
Melissa Corry of Happy Quilting
Thelma Childers of Cupcakes N' Daisies
Pam Viera-McGinnis of Pam Kitty Morning
Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs
Stephanie Kendron of The Modern Sewciety
Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
Greg Jones of Grey Dogwood Studios
Sondra Davison of Out of the Blue Quilts
Angie Wilson of Gnome Angel

9 comments:

  1. Love your fussy cut floral handle! And yes, just frame it, that's sounds perfect. And since it's for the kitchen your kettle block is then better protected behind glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hildy! my thoughts with it being safely behind glass in the kitchen too ;-) xo

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, that handle is perfection! Love this version. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your version!! My fave so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your kettle, Jessie! Perfect fabric choices, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh that is gorgeous Jessie! The handle sets it off perfectly and would look amazing framed. Now need find some time to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tea kettle is my favorite too, it's that handle, perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tea kettles bring 7 or less cups of water to a boil in less than five minutes. tea kettle

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a thoughtful comment. Any questions I will try to answer within the comments section so all readers can see.